If you have decided that you are interested in having a psychic reading, but find that you are not sure how to go about it, have no fear! This helpful guide is here to lead you down the path to a more knowledgeable you. First, let’s start you off with a quick FAQ about psychics & their unique gifts. In the second part of this article, we will focus on free psychic readings and how you can get them, what you need to know about contacting a Diviner and so forth. Below is a table of content, so you can skip right to the juicy stuff.
Table of Content
Q: What is a clairvoyant?
A clairvoyant is an individual who has a supernatural ability that enables them to “see” things that will happen in the future.
Q: What kind of problems can a psychic help me solve?
A: psychic can aid you in many different areas of your life. There are actually different types of psychic for different problems:
• Pet psychics: A pet psychic is someone who can communicate with animals and some can even contact dead animals. Those who simply talk to the living are also known as “animal communicators” or “animal psychologists.” Pet psychics aid individuals with finding missing pets, with understanding and fixing bad behavior, and communicating with their sick or dying pet to know what he or she wants.
• Love psychics: As their name suggests, love psychics aid their clients with the relationships in their personal life. By working with a love psychic, a couple can strengthen their bond and find peace of mind, while an individual who happens to be single can receive direction in their quest to find “the one.”
• Career psychics: As with love psychics, the name is self-explanatory. Career psychics aid their customers with all aspects of their working life. One might ask their career psychic about how to improve relations with their boss or coworkers, if it is time to ask for a promotion or start looking for another job, or if they are pursuing the correct career. Career psychics are especially helpful tools for those job hunting as their clairvoyant talents allow them to see events that are coming that you are unable to spot.
• Intuitive psychics: Intuitive psychics are able to read people’s emotions and tell their client how a specific individual is feeling. For example, if you are concerned about a loved one, an intuitive psychic can find out if there is anything emotionally troubling them and relay that to you. An intuitive psychic can even help you understand yourself better; by being a third party who is able to see your emotions, they are in a unique position to be able to explain your feelings in a rational, detached manner.
• Psychic mediums: Psychic mediums are individuals who have been gifted with the ability to communicate with those that have died, as well as see the future.
Q: What tools & methods do psychics use?
A: Common are the following Divination Methods:
• Astrology: Astrology is the study of the relationship between planetary motion and the course of human events.
• Aura reading: An “aura” is a bio-energetic field that all things, both living and non-living, possess and constantly emit. It is a source of energy and a barrier for negativity. An aura reader interprets the qualities of your aura and advises you based on their observations
• Cartomancy: Also known as “playing card divination,” cartomancy uses an ordinary deck of playing cards to tell the future.
• Crystallomancy: Divination method that uses crystals.
• Lithomancy: Divination method that uses stones.
• Numerology: Starting from the premise that each individual is born with a set of numbers that are unique to that one person, numerologists take those numbers and use them to tell the future and give information about the client’s personality.
• Palm reading: Also known as “palmistry” or “chiromancy,” this method uses the characteristics of the hand (such as the lines) to tell the future and give insight into a person’s self.
• Psychometry: Psychometry is the ability of being able to know an object’s history just by touching it.
• Tarot reading: Very similar to cartomancy, except tarot card reading utilizes a special deck, with each card containing a picture that symbolizes a particular concept. Someone who can read tarot cards can use these to gain an idea of someone’s future.
Q: What is the difference between a psychic and a medium?
A: The difference between a psychic and a medium is that a medium can communicate with the dead as well as see the future; a psychic just sees the future.
Q: How do I know if my psychic is the real deal or a scam artist?
A: As in any industry, there will always be a few bad apples that give the rest of the group a bad reputation. Fortunately, spotting a fake is pretty easy:
• They ask for information like your birthday, star sign, country of residence, city of residence, age, and sex. To the experience con artist, this type of information can tell them a lot about your life and enable them to come up with a “reading” that seems to fit, but is actually just them making clever extrapolations from the information you provided.
• If they say they are well-known, or have worked with Hollywood celebrities, and you check up on this (as you should) and learn no one has ever praised this psychic’s gifts.
• They offer you spells and candles to cause certain events to happen or not happen, they say you or someone you love has been cursed and only a treatment from them can help, which, of course, will cost extra.
• They get upset when you test them. A real psychic understands skepticism and is confident enough of their abilities that they do not mind being politely tested.
Q: What are the qualities of a good psychic reading?
A: A good psychic reading should leave you with renewed focus and outlook on whatever problem or issue you had on your mind. You should feel as if you know yourself better because of the information your psychic has given you and feel more grounded and less lost. The psychic is there to guide you on your path, not to force you into a course of action or tell you what to do, so if the latter happens, then do not feel obligated to do as they say. Psychics do not generally have answers, but they can enlighten you and help you with your problems—think of them as counselors who use spiritual energy to heal and nurture.
Q: How accurate are psychic readings?
A: Questions about accuracy are understandable, but somewhat misguided. There is no real way to tell the accuracy of a psychic’s reading because the future is constantly changing due to the actions we take in our lives. In other words, the path you were on when you first visited your psychic may not be the path you continue on after the consultation. When circumstances change, your future changes and even the best psychic in the world cannot totally account for the outcomes caused by human free will.
Q: What kind of questions can I ask?
A: If you want more than a simple “yes” or “no” answer, you need to phrase your questions in a way that facilitates a more detailed response. Ask questions that begin with “what” and “how,” rather than “will” or “should.” You should also avoid questions that ask for specific times and dates of an event as well those that inquire as to the exact identity of a person the reader may see in your future. Because the future is not fixed, there is no way to tell that kind of information.
Q: How important is the relationship I develop with my psychic?
A: It is imperative that you feel comfortable enough with your psychic to be relaxed and open during the reading. It is also important for there to be a level of trust. You should always feel free to speak of your greatest desires or fears in their presence, because that is what they are there to help you with.
Ways to Have a Free Psychic Reading
It does not matter if you are short on cash, or just don’t want to spend a huge amont of money. The need for free or at least inexpensive psychic readings is understandable. Fortunatly, there are a few ways to gaining clarity, totally free of charge. In the end, YOU have to decide which path you want to travel. But for now, let me take you by the hand and show you your options!
Way #1: Develop your own abilities
You may not know it, but you could very well possess latent psychic abilities—most people already do and just do not know it, or choose to ignore it. By developing these hidden clairvoyant talents, you can save money on psychic readings while learning more about your future. If you believe you have psychic abilities, hone your craft through meditation and paying attention to those little bursts of intuitions that give you clear insight into information you “shouldn’t” know.
Way #2: Ask a gifted friend
Do you have a friend that is gifted in the psychic arts? If you have a burning question, why not ask him or her to do a reading for you? Of course, you should never overuse your friend for their talent. If you plan on asking them regularly, agree upon a way to repay them for their services.
Way #3: Ask “One free question”!
Many, if not most, psychics offer one free question or reading to first time guests. This is done for several reasons. First, it allows people who are unsure of how they feel about psychics to test the clairvoyant waters and discover if psychic readings are something for which they would be willing to pay. After all, not many people are willing to pay for a service in which they do not have faith. By offering free readings, psychics are able to potentially expand their customer base. Second, it allows the customer to test the psychic’s abilities. This is very similar to the first reason, but it applies to all clients, believers and skeptics alike. Anyone trying out the services of a new clairvoyant will obviously have questions about their reader’s skill level and a free question helps assess that. Lastly, the manner in which a question is answered will let you know the level of professionalism you can expect when or if you engage in their paid services. For example, the quickness with which they respond will tell you how much they value the opportunity to do a reading for you and potentially gain you as a paying client.
The questions you can ask, however, are often limited to “yes” and “no” types. In other words, you will not be able to have a full psychic reading for free. This is not to say that they will not give you additional information, but it will only be limited to that one area of your life. The questions people usually ask are ones like these:
• Will I be promoted?
• Will I get married soon?
• Will I have a child?
• Should I buy a house?
• Is my spouse cheating on me?
• Will my children be successful?
Simple questions like these can give you an idea of how generic (or “hack-y”) or detailed a psychic will be if you decide to pay for their services. If you decide that you want to engage with a psychic on a deeper level, then you need to pay for their time, which will allow you to have better access to them and receive full psychic readings. Thus, for those that are truly interested, paying for services is always better than continuously hopping around to different psychics for free questions.
Should I Pay For My Psychic Services?
Some people may find the idea of paying to engage the services of a clairvoyant off-putting—after all, why would someone charge for a spiritual service? There are many reasons for this:
- Psychics provide a service just like any other business. You pay for doctor visits, haircuts, mechanical maintenance, and house painting, so why not psychic readings? Even artists and designers require a fee to engage their services. The fact that psychics offer a spiritual service and rely on a gift of which some people are skeptical does not take away from the fact that they are running or are part of a business.
- Even psychics need to eat. Many clairvoyants make psychic readings their full-time occupation; without charging for their services, they would not be able to buy food, clothes, or pay their bills.
- Churches offer spiritual services for free (usually), but they are tax exempt. Psychics are not. They are required to pay taxes and make enough money to cover their overhead and the rent on their premises.
- Some people are afraid of getting scammed—after all, you can’t really prove someone is psychic? First, when you pay for the services of any business, there is always the risk of being scammed. Mechanics rip people, businesses charge hidden fees for ridiculous things, doctors prescribe medicine you don’t need, your blind date might be a homicidal maniac with a collection of human heads in his freezer, and college professors will assign books that they have written, even if it isn’t really necessary to the course curriculum. Psychics are no different. Of course, there are going to be some scam artists out there, but that is a risk that everyone takes. As for those who doubt the ability, they do have a point—there is no way to conclusively, scientifically prove psychic powers exist. Spiritual services, whether they come from a clairvoyant or a religious figure, all require a leap of faith. Most psychics have testimonials from former clients available so that potential customers can investigate the legitimacy of their services. And, of course, you can always do additional research on the Internet and look up reviews from third parties.
- Some psychics must also pay for staffing. Clairvoyants who are well-known and much sought after can have hours of phone calls and emails to sift through and answer. Sometimes, it is too much for one person to handle all on their own, so they must hire an assistant to aid them in some of the day-to-day activities of a business offering psychic services. This assistant, like any office assistant or personal assistant, requires payment.
By charging for their services, psychics are able to help more people. When they make giving readings their full time occupation, psychics are able to reach out and aid a larger portion of the population than they would be able to if they worked a full-time job elsewhere to be able to support themselves and just gave readings on the side for free.
Live Readings vs Virtual Readings
A live reading is when two people meet in the same physical location, sit face-to-face and engage in a psychic reading. A virtual reading mean that a psychic and client have connected via email, phone, or webcam and the reading takes place over that medium.
While some people may feel more comfortable interacting with a psychic that is physically in front of them, online readings are actually a better method. Why? For many reasons, but especially the following:
Try before you buy
Most psychic services offer a free question or trial period in which you are able to test a psychic’s abilities and see if you are interested enough to pay to engage their talents. Additionally, you only pay for the amount of time you spend with the psychic—there is usually no flat fee. That means that if after five minutes, you change your mind and end the encounter, you only get charged for five minutes.
Unless you have the best poker face and body in existence, there is always the chance that something about your physical appearance or bearing will affect the results of the reading. By engaging in a virtual reading, this risk is minimized, meaning you are more likely to get an accurate result.
Let’s say something monumental happens to you, like you meet an amazing person who you think could be “the one.” If you want to consult a psychic about the possibilities with this person or event, then you generally want to do so right away. For a live reading, you may have to wait hours, days, or weeks for an appointment. With a virtual reading, you have access to thousands of psychics who are always available.
You don’t have to leave your house, you don’t need to change out of pajamas, you don’t have to take the kids along with you, all you do is turn on your computer and connect with a psychic. It is incredibly convenient, much more so than having to travel to see a medium in person.
Email Readings vs Phone Readings vs Webcam Readings
In this amazing technological age, psychic services are more widely available than ever: you can receive them through email, over the phone, or through a webcam chat. But which one is best?
Email is perhaps the most convenient method of contacting a psychic. It only requires the time it takes to type out your questions and it is incredibly private, which is important if you are embarrassed either by your question or by contacting a psychic. This is also an effective method of psychic reading; as one professional puts it “You could be on a remote island somewhere in the a little grass hut while I’m chilling atop Mt. Everest. Our physical separation means nothing more than that: physical separation. The scientific study of quantum physics proves we ARE connected on a molecular level.” (Source) When you are engaging psychic services, you must always remember that you are using a spiritual service and the spirit is not bound by physical limitations.
Phone readings are one of the most well-known methods of contacting a psychic. If you live in the US and owned a television in the late 1990s, you probably remember Miss Cleo, whom you could call for a reading. With the internet, the choices for clairvoyants have expanded beyond that of Miss Cleo, and now there are thousands of sites offering services to connect psychics with customers through the phone. Some professionals say that they prefer phone readings because it allows them to connect on a purely spiritual level without being influenced by any physical elements, such as facial expressions and body language. Additionally, opting for a phone reader gives you access to hundreds, even thousands of psychics instantly. To have the same kind of access in the physical world, you would have to do a lot of traveling.
Webcam readings are by far the best method of psychic reading because it provides an experience that is most like contacting a medium face-to-face in real life while allowing for the convenience of not having to leave your home and the large selection that comes from utilizing the internet.
Oranum: Get Together with Real Psychics
If webcam consultations seem like they may be the right method of psychic reading for you, then your first stop should be Oranum, a website made of the best webcam-based mediums currently available on the web. On Oranum, you can engage with mediums for free to see if they are the right fit for you, and if they are, you can take them to a private room and pay them for their psychic services. They offer a wide selection of mediums from which to choose and you can search by experience, specialty, and ratings, as well as check out their page where users leave feedback and comments (it is a lot like a Facebook wall). You will also find that their pricing is very reasonable, although it does vary from psychic to psychic. Some only charge .99 credits/minute, which is an extremely low rate compared to other sites. Most importantly, all of their mediums are interviewed, tested, put on a probationary period, and tested again before being allowed full membership.
Thus, while there are both free readings and paid for readings available, for those looking to establish a longterm relationship with a psychic for indepth readings, paid services are the only reasonable choice. While they can take place in person or over the internet, most individuals will find internet readings much more convenient. The best way to engage with a virtual psychic is through a webcam service, like Oranum, but email and phone are also good choices as well. If you have questions about your future, don’t hesitate to give a psychic a try—it can’t hurt, but it can definitely help.
American Association of Professional Psychics, Frequently Asked Questions About Psychics, Psychic Readings, Psychic Ability, and Intuition. Available from: https://certifiedpsychics.com/psychic-reading-FAQ.php#how accurate. (Accessed 25 September 2014).
Anaya, Reverend Cassandra, What Is A Quality Psychic Reading? Available from: http://circle-of-light.com/psychicreadings/qualitypsychicreading.html. (Accessed 25 September 2014).
Cahill, Kris (2012) Meditation helps you to develop your psychic abilities. Available from: http://psychiceveryday.com/2012/09/meditation-helps-you-to-develop-your-psychic-abilities/. (Accessed 25 September 2014).
Clark, Jamie (2013) 10 Tips To Develop Your Psychic Abilities. Available from: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/2/prweb10316846.htm. (Accessed 25 September 2014).
Hall, Molly, What is Astrology. Available from: http://astrology.about.com/od/foundations/p/Astrology101.htm. (Accessed 25 September 2014).
Knight, Michele, Can a phone psychic reading be as accurate as a face to face psychic reading? Available from: http://www.micheleknight.co.uk/articles/psychic-readings/can-a-phone-psychic-reading-be-as-accurate-as-a-face-to-face-psychic-reading/. (Accessed 25 September 2014).
Kougon (2008) How does Palmistry work? Available from: http://kougon.blogspot.com/2008/01/how-does-palmistry-work.html. (Accessed 25 September 2014).
Learnreiki.org, Learn to See Auras. Available from: http://learnreiki.org/learn-to-see-auras.htm. (Accessed 25 September 2014).
Lynn, Christine, Email Psychic Reading – How Does it Work? Available from: http://www.psychic-reading-christinelynn.com/email-psychic-reading.asp. (Accessed 25 September 2014).
Numerology.com, Numerology 101. Available from: http://www.numerology.com/about-numerology. (Accessed 25 September 2014).
Obringer, Lee Ann, How Tarot Cards Work. Available from: http://science.howstuffworks.com/science-vs-myth/extrasensory-perceptions/tarot-card.htm. (Accessed 25 September 2014).
Olson, Bob, Why Do Some Psychic Mediums Charge So Much? Available from: http://www.bestpsychicdirectory.com/news/Why-Do-Some-Psychic-Mediums-Charge-So-Much-n12.html. (Accessed 25 September 2014)
Psychic-experiences.com, Differences Between Genuine and Fraud Psychics. Available from: http://www.psychic-experiences.com/psychic-articles/genuine-fraud-psychics.php. (Accessed 25 September 2014).
Psychichookup.com, Free Psychic Readings. Available from: http://www.psychicshookup.com/free-psychic-readings.aspx. (Accessed 25 September 2014)
Psychicreadingsworld.com, Questions to ask during your psychic reading. Available from: http://psychicreadingsworld.com/psychic-reading/psychic-readings-questions-how-to-ask.htm. (Accessed 25 September 2014).
Psychiclessons.com, 5 reasons online psychic readers trump face-to-face psychics. Available from: http://www.psychiclessons.com/5-reasons-online-psychic-readers-trump-face-to-face-psychics/. (Accessed 25 September 2014).
Psychicsuniverse.com, Why Should You Pay for a Psychic Reading? Available from: http://www.psychicsuniverse.com/articles/spirituality/psychic-abilities/why-should-you-pay-psychic. (Accessed 25 September 2014)
Psychicsource.com, Career Psychics. Available from: http://www.psychicsource.com/psychics/career-psychics. (Accessed 25 September 2014).
Psychicsource.com, Psychic Mediums. Available from: http://www.psychicsource.com/psychics/psychic-mediums. (Accessed 25 September 2014).
Psychicsource.com, What is a love psychic? Available from: http://www.psychicsource.com/psychics/love-psychics. (Accessed 25 September 2014).
Wagner, Stephen, What You Need To Know About…Psychometry. Available from: http://paranormal.about.com/cs/espinformation/a/aa063003.htm. (Accessed 25 September 2014).
Wikipedia.org, Cartomancy. Available from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartomancy. (Accessed 25 September 2014).
Wikipedia.org, Palmistry. Available from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palmistry. (Accessed 25 September 2014).
Wikipedia.org, Pet psychic. Available from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pet_psychic. (Accessed 25 September 2014).
Wikipedia.org, Psychic reading. Available from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychic_reading. (Accessed 25 September 2014).
Wilson, Tracy V., How Pet Psychics Work. Available from: http://science.howstuffworks.com/science-vs-myth/unexplained-phenomena/pet-psychic.htm. (Accessed 25 September 2014).